FROM AN TEPEE-VILLAGE TO A ROMAN CITY
After the first cross-border event “TipiTipiTap in Gelderland D / NL”, which was marked by the signs of the Karl May stories, we now go further back in time: CacherTeamGeldern invites you on June VI. MMXV to the LVR – Archaeological Park Xanten.
With this extraordinary event location we have the opportunity to walk together on Roman-Germanic tracks.
ROMANS IN XANTEN
Like many other cities, also Xanten looks back to Roman roots. At the beginning of our era a Roman legion camp and also the third largest Roman city on north side of the Alps was built. Unfortunately also this city did not survive the fall of the Roman Empire and disappeared over time completely. However, in Xanten raised the unique fact that the “new” city was not built above the old Roman construction, but next to it. This unique situation resulted in MCMLXXV to the creation of the current park, in which parts of the Roman city were rebuilt on the original foundations.
THE PARK TODAY
The extensive park today covers almost the entire area of the old Roman city.
- In addition to the reconstructed buildings, excavations and the ongoing reconstructions, the LVR Roman Museum invites visitors on a journey into the history.
- For families with children the spacious playground (with for example a play castle in the form of a wooden Roman fort or a water playground) and the games house (with original Roman games) will offer many more entertainment options.
- The event area, including most of the attractions and the Museum are designed for handicapped guests.
- Dogs are welcome in the APX. Please understand that dogs are not allowed at the LVR Roman Museum and the exhibition spaces in the park. Also all dogs must be leashed all the time on the event site.
- Food and drinks can be purchased on the park. It is also allowed to bring your own meal and drinks.
An FAQ-list about the park we offer you on our event-website.
The family-friendly event fee is:
- Adult event visitors from XVIII years of age: in advance Euro VIII,L
- Children and youth event visitors under XVIII of age: free
- Dogs: free
Although the admission for young people, children and dogs are free of charge, we do ask you to book the corresponding tickets. By doing this you support us to prepare the appropriate number of “event bracelets” for you.
The purchase of tickets entitles you to:
- free entry to the APX;
- Participate to special games like “Car Racing” and “Pilum throwing”;
- Participation to various workshops and presentations with a limitation of participants;
(An additional registration is required for presentations/ workshops with limited participants possibilities)
- Visit to the trader Bazaar;
- free access to the Siegfried Museum in the city centre of Xanten;
- Access to the evening event with tombola and entertainment program.
We will inform you in advance about the start of the ticket system on the website, in the newsletters, and as announcement in the event listing.
It is possible to log this event for people without a ticket purchased. The official event logbook is available close to the checkpoints areas outside the park.
To assist us in planning the event, we kindly ask each event attendee, with or without a booked event bracelet, to inform us on your “will attend” the appropriate number of attendees from your team.
The main event will take place on Saturday, June VI. For attendees, who would like to spend some more time in the climatic health resort of Xanten, we will offer more events from Thursday to Sunday:
- on Thursday, June IV., for early birds we will organize a picnic at the Xanten Südsee;
- on Friday, June V.: A “Meet & Greet” will be offered in the partially reconstructed Amphi theatre of the APX;
also at the “Meet & Greet” there will be a Tombola and there will be an entertainment program;
- and on Sunday, June VII., it is possible to visit variance events “Sternenfahrt” from friends of CacherTeamGeldern, showing you impressive areas at the lower-Rhine.
Everyone, who wishes to participate in both the “Meet & Greet” and the “geoXantike” can book a profitable combiticket: Euro X,- in advance.
Additional information can be read soon on our website.
We are looking forward to see you at this exciting backdrop of the beautiful lower-Rhine area.
Your organisation team CacherTeamGeldern